- Quick start for users of the CAVIAR USB1/2 AER boards (retina and monitor/sequencer boards)
- SimpleMonitorUSBXPress board software, PCB design, firmware etc. These single chip boards allow monitoring AER up to 100 keps directly into matlab.
- A bias generator design kit, a design kit for semi automatically generating bias current generators with wide dynamic range, including extensive documentation.
- A list of surface mount equipment and suppliers that I assembled as a basis for our SMD setup.
- The address-event code on our PIC microcontroller AER interface board described in our paper on orientation-selective aVLSI spiking neurons.
- Latest Physcmp Archive (Mar 28, 2006) of my Matlab m-files and MEX for talking to GPIB-controlled instruments using a National Instruments GPIB interface. Evolved from code developed by Dan Naar at Apple and Mead's lab at Caltech in the during the middle and late 1980's. Includes plot182, a matlab plot replacement that allows you to measure slope, intercept, and that does this sensibly for log scales, showing you the e-folding parameter. plot182 was written for matlab4 but it still runs. The GPIB interface amazingly also still runs using a barely modified mex file, thanks to NI's amazing software stability. I use it only because I'm too lazy to figure out Mathwork's instrument control toolbox.
- readtspice.m, a matlab script for reading Tanner EDA TSPICE output files into matlab. From the Physcmp archive.
- zonechart.m (a generating matlab m-file) and zonechart.tif. These are really useful for measuring the aliasing properties of imagers. This method was suggested to me by Peter Centen of Thomson Broadcast Solutions, makers of high-end video systems.
- Notes on practical photometry, from the Pulsed-Bipolar imager project. (An error of a factor of two in the formula relating chip to scene illumination corrected Feb 2006).
- Plans for lens mounts for PGA84 and PGA100 packages, with either M12/M13 thread mini lenses or CS-mount lenses.
September 13, 2007